Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

 

Click Here To Join!

 

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

Johnurry

Members
  • Content count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Johnurry

  • Rank
    In the jungles of Skaro
  • Birthday 10/01/59

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Machynlleth, Powys, Mid Wales

Profile Fields

  • Interests
    Lots of stuff, but a large amount of interest in...daleks!

Recent Profile Visitors

215 profile views
  1. Oops! Pictures are the wrong way round in the last post: new Emp is first, old last
  2. Here’s a record of my rebuild of my Enigma Emperor. Two things prompted this little project. I found the paintwork on the Emperor’s skirt was cracking, possibly because it was made out of paper card. I had also replaced the dalek mutant in my open case Enigma dalek with a smaller model, so I hade the larger mutant spare, so to speak. So I decided to rebuild the Emperor, and create a little chamber for this mutant in the Emperor’s head-section. I imagine the Emperor might be a specially bread mutant, a bit bigger than his subjects. I am currently spectacularly broke, and have run out of plaster to cast new hemispheres. So having built a new skirt from plastic card, I had to strip the existing hemis off the old skirt, and glue them to the new. Then for the head section: I carefully cut an access circle out of the top, to place the new cockpit; I then stripped off most of the extra panels I had stuck on over the years, and gave his spherical bonce a fine sanding with wet’n’dry. The cockpit was constructed out of plastic card in two parts, the floor with seat, and a cylindrical wall, containing a view screen. A bit of milliput epoxy putty provided a seat for the Imperial mutant – I didn’t want His Imperial Majesty to be uncomfortable. I started painting the cockpit chamber with copper and bronze, and the whole thing started looking nicely steam punk. Humbrol Signal Green gave the view screen a slightly luminous look. The mutant itself I re-painted green, as befits a classic dalek. Now for assembly: the Emperor’s spherical head section was repainted gold, and the bands that circle it picked out with gold Bare Metal trim. Still I wasn’t happy: the skirt section, brush-painted, looked a bit rough. I’d run out of car spray paint. So I re-painted with a dull matt gold, 50% Humbrol Gunmetal. I also scrapped the black base, and replaced it with a curved gold base. The overall effect has been to make the Emperor a bit more bling.
  3. I’ve slightly upgraded the Emperor. Here’s the old Emperor, my upgraded Emperor, and the Emperor with his lid off, showing the internal mutant. The build can be seen in the Scale Dalek Projects section.
  4. Thanks guys, I must do a build diary for my next project.
  5. Been ages, but finally got round to doing some more stuff with my Enigma daleks. First up, a replication technician. He comes complete with a splash guard – all that messy nutrient fluid from the incubator tanks – and a patent Power of the Daleks sieve attachment. He does thought remind me a bit of a chef at a deep fat fryer. Crispy calamari anyone? I’ve got no budget for my model making, so when I came to building a hoverbout for my fellas, I decided to use a soup container. Here’s the result, but I was unsatisfied. The base just looks too small. At this scale, a soup pot lends itself to a mini hoverbout, rather than a ‘classic’ hoverbout. So I scrapped the first hoverbout, and decided to use a soup pot to make a more compact style. So I’ve taken a Ron Turner design, his mini-est, and ran with that.
  6. Thank you. I think the trick with the Emperor is to keep his base the same area as the circumference of his head. Smaller skirtballs help.
  7. Hi there Many years ago I bought a three and a half inch resin dalek made by Enigma models. Its quite a nice little model, so I thought I’d use it to cast a small army in stonecast plaster. First I had to rebuild the neck section with thicker neck rings. Though the originals were more accurate, they were too thin to cast in plaster and pull from a latex mould. I gradually built up my army, inspired by the daleks of the 1960s, and by the TV21 comic strip in particular. They are lead by a TV21 Emperor, scratch built from plastic card and EMA parts. He’s pictured here with his Black Dalek chancellor and two imperial guards. Officers have been given red livery, tech daleks blue and scientists white. The chief scientist owes more than a little to Mechmaster. A small squad of SWDs are the last addition to the ranks. I will add more daleks at some point, though it may be a little while till my next build. So for the moment, here they are: my Enigma army.
  • Recent Status Updates

    • Aussie Kev

      Looking for the close up photo of the portable graphic equaliser deck that Nick Briggs use's with his Moog MF102. Somewhere out there, I have seen this photo of him sitting at a table with the graphic equaliser, to fine tune in the sound of the Moog. Could be used as a reference photo if allowed on the Forum.
      · 0 replies
    • madianm

      Well just an update . I've started finally , thought i'd tackle the base and work up from there. I've been sorting afew smaller things like hemi's and cutting drainage pipe for there surrounds . See how it goes , will post some pics at some stage ! ..Ian
      · 1 reply
    • OutCastDalek

      I finally received the Workshop Manuel today! Now all I have to do is study it. Hopefully I'll start a build diary by the summer. 
      · 0 replies
    • Ferrain

      Printing the front fuselage of DSV2.....
      · 7 replies
    • L'chaim 12

      If a mod would be so kind as to delete the mushnik TDP build, as I'm not going to be building it anymore, I have a different dalek in mind in a few months, but this is just bugging me.
      · 2 replies