Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

threegringos

Threegringos' NDP

49 posts in this topic

The weather has turned unseasonably warm over the weekend, so I took the opportunity to finally get my skirt/fender mould fixed and prepared for layup. The plan was to get a skirt pulled this weekend, however, after 16 hours of sanding, filling, sanding, filling, I'm still not quite there. 

IMG_6860.thumb.JPG.5e0d3ebd68220b6ab81b48aa784f2238.JPGIMG_6861.thumb.JPG.a36d07bb2f2bc12781925c010585519a.JPGIMG_6864.thumb.JPG.641813761f35a8bf1af894312736553b.JPG

Very frustrating. Every time I think I'm finished, I see another area that needs filling. There are so many edges on these skirts! 

I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it but I'm feeling a bit impatient to see some progress. Especially, when cdngoose is pulling Daleks out of moulds on a daily basis 😄

Edited by threegringos

Just look at your Dome. It is a great feat of progress. Never compare your progress to another especially to one that has been named a SERIAL BINGE BUILDER! Most know that when I'm building a Dalek I am always on a timeline that would kill most, I sleep very little, don't interact with the public and the house looks like a bomb went off inside ! So while most if not everyone else still has a life during their builds I only have the bidding of my masters they telepathically order my every waking moment I must serve every waking second to there bidding oh the voices in my head. Oh the voices. Yes Masters I will now return to making your shoulders. 

Dont become me  HELP ME. HELP ME HELP ME.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CDNGOOSE

I can sadly relate to this.

I built five NDP's in about 10 months and the sanding was never ending. I even got tennis elbow from sanding (using an electric orbital sander) and am still getting the occasional cortisone injections into my right elbow due to the inflammation caused by constant sanding of Daleks.

I too, build more than one dalek at a time and have been accused of becoming obsessed with builds. My boss even gave me last Saturday off, as I was distracted and drew a Dalek on the whiteboard that is supposed to have patients names on it.

Phttttt....Who needs that information on a Trauma Ward?

:ph34r:  

Thanks for the words of encouragement... It's easy to lose perspective when you are on a sanding marathon.  Seems like an eternity spent, with nothing to show for it.

My mutant grows impatient for his travel machine!