Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

threegringos

Threegringos' NDP

80 posts in this topic

I'm intrigued! Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind. 

I am hoping that this link works, this is my newest method for attaching hemispheres, well the newest one that is proven, as you know I am working on another method.

cdngoose

Posted (edited)

Thanks cdngoose. 

Just out of curiosity - can you remember what type of glue you use to attach the circles inside the hemispheres?

Edited by threegringos

PL**** construction adhesive 

have also used silicone with various effect and hot glue is a waste of time! A day in the Canadian summer and you sweat your balls off!

cdngoose

Posted (edited)

Busy few days....

More work on the shoulders.  The angled surfaces were clad in EVA craft foam, and the a layer of epoxy/glass mat was added for stiffness and protection against polyester resin. Once dry, I started to smooth the surfaces using Bondo. 

IMG_7270.thumb.JPG.b58fd20a04d83e6f95d4a8dcd0c26fec.JPGIMG_7295.thumb.JPG.af5a8dc343aa09c90a8b9f6a71d77c40.JPGIMG_7304.thumb.JPG.dfeade232e0afbafc6f2132ffe4175f2.JPG

The 3D printer has been busy. I've redone my eye in black PLA, which fits my Neopixel illumination nicely. 

I also cut out the dome holes and temporarily mounted the rings for the eyestalks and dome lights.

IMG_7298.thumb.JPG.119298d4d13ad3d58f0a336f87439e50.JPGIMG_7299.thumb.JPG.acae1a6bba35c964f982a6ed05479ca3.JPG

Still need to tidy up the dome, and mount the base to it. I'm still trying to decide exactly how to motorize the up/down for the eyestalk. Time to scour some PDF posts for inspiration!

Finally, I got around to purchasing components for the mk5 Voice Mod, so last night I did some soldering, and printed out a nice enclosure ( thanks cdngoose for the PCB and for the CAD file ). 

IMG_7307.thumb.JPG.e2b3222a6fc0b072468b3d354faeded1.JPG

Edited by threegringos