Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kar120c

Product Enterprise 12" Dalek

14 posts in this topic

Before attempting to build my own Dalek from scratch, I wish to buy one othe rc ones. How accurate are they? what mods may I add to get a better prop?

That very question is already covered in this thread:

http://www.projectdalek.com/index.php?showtopic=3248

which is primarily about the Product Enterprises Daleks, but branches out to include the CO toys too.

If you're looking to build a Dalek from scratch, don't use any of the toys for reference. Stick with the plan downloads.

edit: I see Garry (shytalk) was replying at the very same time :lol:

Hello there Project Dalek. I'm a relatively new user who prefers to lurk and read than actively take part in these discussions (though it is my eventual intention to build a full-size Dalek of the 'Dead planet' type.)

I've seen similar threads here posted before and wondered if, while this isn't strictly on topic, it would be alright to ask about.

I'm a collector of the lovely 12'' Product Enterprise 'Radio Command' Daleks and while I take as good care of them as I can, two of mine which have been bought second hand have stopped functioning.

A gold/black Dalek which fails to respond to the remote at all. Bought second hand as working, but refund is not available. I've tried multiple other remotes and battery changes (with both these cases) but it still doesn't respond.

A red/silver movie Dalek which moves and turns its head fine, but does not speak.

I was using this guy one day and he just fell silent. I'm not sure what happened. He seems to travel much faster now but I miss his speaking function.

I know its a shot in the dark but I figured someone here might know something.

Thanks for reading, much appreciated.

Probably dry joints on the main boards, you are going to have to tear one down very carefully in order to have a look at the inside & post pictures (under 200K of any obvious issues).

I have a 12" gold dalek rc and I recently took it apart as the exterminator sound no longer works? In doing so I ended up re soldering the very short wires from inside the dalek body to the base where the board is. I also replaced the wires from the 'try me ' button as these were so short they just came off!

I still didn't managed to see where or why it lost one of it sounds the exterminate sound. This plays with try me button but not from button on remote!? If anybody has repaired this please let me know...

I saw someone on YouTube had add a raspberry pi to the dalek so head and eye move independently which I might like to try if possible... I need clear instructions and photos to follow as I'm not electrician!

I also took apart my rc k9 recently as it completely stopped working... This isn't easy as it's not designed to come apart easily. The mouth lazer was stuck out and the whole thing shuts down! Crazy electronis design! To get to inside the head you have to take whole thing apart! Where there is a gear box which once you take the cover off its possible to get it working after lot of effort... Once the laser retracts all lights up and starts working! Testing that it extracts and retracts before resemble then it goes back together easier than taking apart now all fully functional master!!!

I have same or similar problem with 12" gold dalek as below.... I have fixed some of it but putting the dalek back together with th head rotating mechanism is problematic as it then fails to turn right and left and the eye doesn't move up and down although I did manage to achieve it in the end not easy....

nigelobject made the first post

I have a 12" gold dalek rc and I recently took it apart as the exterminator sound no longer works? In doing so I ended up re soldering the very short wires from inside the dalek body to the base where the board is. I also replaced the wires from the 'try me ' button as these were so short they just came off! I still didn't managed to see where or why it lost one of it sounds the exterminate sound. This plays with try me button but not from button on remote!? If anybody has repaired this please....

I recently also took k9 rc apart to fix it as it all stoped working which I did and now it's all back up and running! :-)

Duplicate posts dotted around the Forum gathered together and merged here. Please don't post the same questions multiple times in different places. Once is enough and makes much less work for the moderators.

Hi John

where should I post this to see if anyone can assist then? I just searched and these are the only posts that come up?!

nigel

This topic is the place to post about issues relating to the subject matter in the topic title. My earlier comment was posted following a spate of identical questons being posted multiple times. The post contents were gathered together and merged into this topic.

The repair of these daleks is probably something which is almost beyond the remit of the Forum. It's unlikely that many members will know much about the hardware or how to fix it. Posting multiple times doesn't reach a bigger audience or make it more likely that someone will reply. It just causes the moderators more work. ;)

I'm sure that if anyone can help, they'll reply here.

I have a 12" black Dalek that has an ear missing and the silver remote missing, been looking around but can see any for sale any guesses where I can get them from.

Mark

eBay, most likely.

I've managed to get hold of a (relatively) cheap PE 12" Dalek, and I would like to customise it. Has anyone on the forum had any experience dismantling one? If so, would you be able to give me a few pointers?

Unfortunately, I've never seen anything posted anywhere about how to tackle a Product Enterprise 12" Dalek tear-down and rebuild. If anyone has any experience with this, or decides to pitch-in and give it a go regardless, posting a guide to the process here (together with some photos if possible) would be most welcome. The one factor common to disassembling many Dalek toys seems to be 'start with the base underside and work up'. Also, you might possibly find (and I emphasise possibly) that some of the side hemis are actually caps covering screw heads. Other than that, the particulars for the construction and disassembly of a PE 12 incher currently seem to be clouded in mystery... :(   

Posted (edited)

Yes, I decided to take the plunge and give it a go myself! It's actually much easier than stripping a CO one.

Edited by John
Quote removed, (see Forum Guidelines for details)