Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

3Dalek

Renegade Daleks At The BBC Vis Fx Department

8 posts in this topic

Was scrolling through google and found these photos (I drooled over these a bit):

dalek-wood-lo.jpgbbc-vis-fx-1989.jpgbbc-work-shop.jpgdalek-wood-top-lo.jpgdalek-cream-top-lo.jpgdarlek02.jpg

I have never seen them before on this form and was wondering if anyone else have seen these photos before?

These seem to link up with this photo on the form:

post-1283-0-53048100-1403222805.jpg

I got them from here:

http://yohoho.co.uk/bbc-vis-fx/

Edited by 3Dalek

I've definitely come across these photos on the interweb before, and some (if not all) of them have appeared in a least one publication. (possibly BBC VFX: The Story of the BBC Visual Effects Department by Mat Irvine and Mike Tucker?)

Wonderful to see, thanks for sharing! I'd only seen one of them before, with the sfx prop and general workshop view...

Good find!

Cheers, Scott

The third picture across appears in a mid 80's magazine, I took a scan of that image and posted in on the forum possibly 4 or 5 years ago, as a friend of mine showed me the image. It looks around Five Doctors time. 

The image of the gentleman with the Renegades appeared on facebook about two years ago, the man in question posted it, and apparently had one or two more images, I did message him to ask for a larger version of this one presented here for my own research. 

The second photo is one thats piqued my interest. Top Left is the ESS from Star Cops, at the very rear is one of the original Triffids (you can just make out its "head" and not to be confused with the two exhibition triffids in the foreground. And on the right at the very back of the storeroom, the Tardis Console, stripped back, and at a 45 degree angle. You can just make out the hexagonal detailing around its central edge. 

Marvellous! 

I had no idea they used a movie shoulder section (on the right) as well as one of the original 63 shoulders. I don't think I saw that prop in the show.

darlek02.jpg.fd11c450b3fb06b7f354812a23e1f637.jpg

Mark,

The picture with the Triffids and the Imperial is the photo I was trying to describe to you that Jon Davey showed some of us at Anglicon 2015. Marvelous!

Thank you, 3Dalek, for posting these.

Be well,

Kathy

The Triffid image is in the VFX book by Mike Tucker, well worth getting. Although you may want to cut all the pages out and reorder them chronologically.