Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

DarthMoose74

Darthmoose74's Davros Chair

29 posts in this topic

Started making the front Molloy console and I double checked the plans and my measurements again but to me the front tip of my console looks to be too pointy compared to original screen shots.
Is the measurements on the plans right or did I do something wrong when laying them out?

16991662_10211902229608614_194206304367354855_o.jpg

A completely revised version of the classic Davros plans (as produced by Aaron) is available to Active Members, via the downloads area. I presume you are using the older plans here, but I still think the tip of the console looks pointier than it should.

How do I get these updated plans?

They are currently only available to members who have an Active Membership subscription or opt for the 24 Hour access option.

So you are saying the plans avaliable are known to be wrong in all the plans and nothing is said, not even a warning in any of the dowloadable blueprints.

That is messed up. So you are saying I have to scrap what I built and start over.....

Edited by DarthMoose74

The original plans will build a perfectly good chair. The new version is an update, but both versions work. This is not hidden information. Anyone looking through the Downloads area can see that both versions exist.

Hi there, Yes, I've been working on a new set of plans that are kicking about, almost all my working information is available in my thread. 

But as John says, the skirt plans will make a very good Davros chair as is. The main things that don't quite work are the console dimensions. What you can do, however is more or less make a copy of the profile of the front three panels and use that as a your guide profile. 

But more or less, as long as you follow this profile you should be fine..

consoleside.jpg

(Keeping in mind the hemispheres are 3" and the rear part of the console is 2.5" and the front of the console is 3" )

Taking the new measurements and the old I came up with a compromise that looks ok. With the new info added in the download section and this thread hopefully future builders catch this revision before starting their build. Lol

Thanks Aaron. :)

20170301_170524.jpg

Nicely done, that's pretty much it.

Have to make my own templates as I go for the bottom part of the console. Installing the 3rd piece now.

20170303_174533.jpg

You're going to catch up an surpass mine any moment now. I'm still working out an attachment method for my backrest..

Just got to hand the end in a bit more and my console is built. Not bad considering what it looked like in the first post picture. :)

20170304_154735.jpg

Wow, that was fast! Can I ask, did you use 3" hemispheres on yours? I used 80mm ones, and they are just too large on mine..

Mine are 80mm.

All that is left is sanding, painting, and a few buttons. ^^

20170305_130201.jpg