Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ian McTeague

Help/advice Please - Voice Modulator

7 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone,

I'm very new to the world of Dalek Building, but have started out on building an NSD loosely based on Dalek Sec.

Now I need to sort out a voice for my project.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to go about this. I'm not really in a position to be able to "build" one so therefore am looking to buy one "off the shelf" I've been given Sciphonix's details on FB and have dropped them a message. To be told that building has stopped for the moment. After a while messaged them again and nothing at all. Are there any other alternatives?

I would like to get the most accurate sounding setup where possible, and would like to have a setup so that the "dome lights" work correctly and are sync'd to speech when being used. Are there "plug and play" systems available?

If this is an inappropriate post feel free to remove.

Thanks in advance... and for your time...

Cheers, all the best...

Maccer

Do a search for martmod

or in the section where you posted this, look here and here

@VinceMartyn

Also, it would help if we knew where in the world you are.  You might find someone near you who'd be willing to build a PDF MOD Mk5e for you.  I've done this for a few people who didn't feel up to building it themselves, and I know others have done this too.  We're a helpful bunch on the forum.

The MartMOD is an obvious choice as most of the world is covered by the 3 suppliers, and it will do what you want.  If you're in the U.S. there is the TinyMOD too.  Andy Grove has an Arduino shield he was selling on Tindie that does a good job.  I've also got a different Arduino shield design I posted about in this section.  I didn't publish all the details for it yet but I do have several boards assembled and tested.

I can't comment on sound of the Sciphonix since I don't think anyone has posted any sound samples on the forum from it yet.  I do think it is a transformer/diode ring mod, which would give it the characteristic from the classic Daleks.  Dalek Sec would be an NSD so his "ring MOD" would have been solid state, more like the Mk3 MartMOD, or Mk5e PDF MOD.

Then there's the new wave of digital "ring MODs" including the MartMOD Mk5, Andy's and my Arduino shields, and the TinyMOD.  There's actually lots of choices, which is cool.  A few years back it was much more of a problem...

Mike

Sorry guys,

I left the important bit out.... I'm based in Weston-Super-Mare about 18miles from Bristol..... Mind you could you imagine a Dalek with a West Country/Brizzle accent? Thanks posting the links in the same section.... I guess I was being a bit lazy... Sorry about that.

If anyone is near me or in UK postage distance I would be more than willing to make a donation for time services rendered.

Once again thanks for you patience, and I'll check out the links indicated....

All the best...

Maccer

My Daleks have an Australian accent.

Posted (edited)

Hi Ian,

I am your contact in the UK for a Martmod (recently described as the Rolls Royce of voice modulators by isamu).

Compared to other modulators, the Martmod gives you feedback reduction, gun sound and gun pump/lighting control and an option to have a press to talk switch.  I do not know of another modulator that does all this.

See martmod.co.uk or join the Martmod group on facebook, or ask questions here.

Vince.

Edited by VinceMartyn

Wow! Awesome!

Thank you very much Vince, I will be in touch very shortly to place an order through you.....

Thank you again for your help...

All the best....

Maccer