Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

DarthCranium

Hello From Phoenix, Az

7 posts in this topic

Hello. My name is Austin a.k.a. Darth Cranium. I have been a Doctor Who fan for quite a while, but never knew of this site till recently. I am glad i came across it. The reason being is that I wish to make a Dalek of my own. Only there's 2 small things. One, I dont know whether to do NSD Bronze or Paradigm Blue. Any recommendations going either way would be appreciated. and Two, I have no idea how to make the Dalek remote controllable. As in with move around function, rotate the head dome, talk through a microphone, ect.. If anyone has an idea of where i can go or what i can do, please let me know. Thank you, and thanks for having me here at Project Dalek. :)

Welcome to PDF.

If you want to make a Dalek, you've come to the right place!

My recommendation is a NSD Bronze- they are a bit smaller & easier (& nicer!) than the NDP.

2nd, there is a whole section on PDF addressing motorization & electronics on PDF. If you read through that it will give you all the answers you need.

Also, I'd read through as many build diaries as possible for the type of Dalek you want to make. You'll pick up loads of tips & it will make your build so much easier!

Good luck,

Russell.

Hello Russellsuthern, Thank you for taking the time to give me some information and ideas. I really appreciate it. :)

Welcome! It's always nice to know another state will have its residents exterminated!

Ditto on what Russell said. Almost all of the questions you can think to ask are in the FAQs and the build diaries. The search function is a great help, as are the marvelous people here.

Be well, Kathy (three or four states to your northwest)

Hello!

I once worked at University of Arizona Medical Center in Tucson, when I was doing my Masters in Trauma Nursing at UofA. Nice to know there will be a Dalek up the road from my old home.

Here's a picture of my three Supreme daleks, a Mk3 Shawcraft, a NSD Supreme (which is slightly taller than a normal NSD) and my NDP Supreme, which I can stand up in and walk around to trundle - and I am 6' tall. Don't listen to the detractors, NDP's are beautiful and just misunderstood.

daleks.thumb.jpg.48b9c5828aab9f1156a86cbfa5bbdeb3.jpg

Ha! I like it!

Bec, you should start a support group for traumatised, unloved NDP's!

Russell

What's not to love?

58fc0405c23c4_NDPS4.thumb.jpg.2c63aa55705fc27978e8385b651e7698.jpg