Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

davidcreighton

Movie Dalek colours?

35 posts in this topic

If the shine is not to your liking you can dull it down with a matt laquer, I use the Windsor and Newton general purpose matt varnish which seems to work very well with acrylic paints, you just have to make sure you are stood back a good bit first though as it sort of spurts out rather than spraying out!

If you are not satisfied with the bumpy look have you thought of trying a leveller spray? I've not used it myself but it is supposed to be formulated exactly for that sort of thing?

Hi all, I need to know of a suitable car colour for use on my scale 1st film "drone dalek", the silver and blue variety as in my pic left. It`s the blue I need and if anyone knows of a good match would you please tell me as I`d like to know before I go out and buy loads of the not-quite-right variety. Thanks for your help. :wacko:

Edited by John

Topics merged

Does anybody the paint code for the gold Dalek in the 2nd movie?

@rwgill So far, no one really knows. If you read this thread, there are one of two suggestions. I think most agree that the gold should be yellowy - or light and yellowy. Possibly a "warm" gold (if that makes sense, or even if it doesn't!). Your best bet is to see what's available, and then choose the gold you think looks right, remembering it'll look very different in daylight and artificial light.

Suggestions for appropriate Dalek colours are always welcome. :)