Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chriskingbees

KB's 'Evil' Dalek - Elsie

39 posts in this topic

Hi All

Thanks to all who are trying to help me with the Dalek movie subtitles, I am very grateful.

Now then, Elsie the "Evil" Dalek

After several attempts I was forced to concede on the dome. This was sent to me from Ireland by a really nice guy called Tom

post-4312-1213561887_thumb.jpg

I've completed the neck cage assembly, and the neck bin, and the microwave turntable (My wife's term)

post-4312-1213562424_thumb.jpg post-4312-1213562130_thumb.jpg post-4312-1213562238_thumb.jpg post-4312-1213562001_thumb.jpg

And the eyestick is nearly there and assembled

post-4312-1213562358_thumb.jpg

The section was bought for me by my son and I had to add an extra flange to support the neck section (Lots of filling and endless sanding

post-4312-1213562537_thumb.jpg

Which brings me to this stage;

post-4312-1213563307_thumb.jpg

You'll notice I've stripped the black paint from the eyeball. It's a stainless steel sugar bowl from Asda, and although not entirely correct for "Evil" livery, I just like the way it looks. The irony is, the dome is grey and will be painted black, and the shoulder section is black and will be painted grey. If I fail to achieve a finish I'm happy with, I'll probably end up with battle-scarred "Genesis" grey LOL

That's about it for now, as I've spent the weekend attempting to upgrade the signs on my Tardis. I should get some more work done this week, and I'll post my developments as I go.

Many thanks

KB

Definitely looks like a quality build, will be good to see how this develops, building from the top down is an interesting idea, most builders go from the bottom up, but I suppose you can work both ways.... Anyway, will be good to see some more 60's Daleks on the board, everyone seems to be building NSD's....... Oh wait, pot calling the kettle black again :unsure:

Hi All

I'm sorry for the odd spacing of text and pictures. This is a new format for me and I'm gradually getting used to it. I would ask one of the mods to kindly delete the two extra thumbs at the foot of the post, when I attempt to edit they don't appear

Thanks again

KB

Thats looking great Chris. A very nice beginning to your build diary.

And nice to see another Classic build in these NSD days :)

I've been in and edited your pictures for you. The two "random" copies that were at the foot of your post have now been removed.

If you ever have any problems attaching files, if theres a mod online, just whiz across a quick message and they'll help you out.

Cheers

Mark

Looks great there Chris - your shoulders look like the ones I started with before moving to a full NSD which will be making a 'comeback' when I get around to starting my 'Hybrid' Dalek... nice to see them stacked up with a classic dome, looks fab... :D

Hi All

Thankyou for your comments, most appreciated,

Cirric, the shoulder is indeed the same as yours, I PMd you quite a while ago to say I thought they were the same, and you replied in the affirmative, as it were.

Tardispod, there's no particular reason I'm building this way, It's just that Elsie has a limited budget at the moment, and I'm usng the materials I've got (Or can find, scrounge lol) to keep up the momentum, hence the downward jump today

post-4312-1213732904_thumb.jpg

The plan, is to build the skirt supports and site the casters, and then cut the apropriate holes in the base, for feet and aforementioned casters.

Domestic chores beckon tomorrow, and I hope to repaint the Tardis but ID like to get started on the gunstick assembly in the afternoon

That's it for now

Many thanks

KB

Hi All

Toiled all day in the heat and built the front half of the skirt frame.

post-4312-1214331012_thumb.jpg

I've cut out the top and bottom panels for the rear frame too. All being well, could have a full height picture tomorrow.

Thanks

KB

Hi All

You've heard of a dalek, well Elsie is at the moment, is a wonklek :lol:

I think I've come up with an idea for the split skirt dilemma, I'll let you know if it works LOL

post-4312-1214423580_thumb.jpg

Hems added for effect only!!!

Thanks

KB

Hi All

Well I've built the skirt, and I'm pleased with the seams, considering it's a split skirt job

post-4312-1215096151_thumb.jpgpost-4312-1215096166_thumb.jpg The Twist post-4312-1215096131_thumb.jpg

And the balancing act for posterity

post-4312-1215096187_thumb.jpg post-4312-1215096200_thumb.jpg

many thanks

KB

Hi All

managed to get the first coat of primer on the skirt at the weekend, before the rain descended. I've filled all the dots and slots on the hemis. also sanded a key to them. 27 have their inner discs glued and are added just for effect. The remainder are drying as I type

post-4312-1215630198_thumb.jpgpost-4312-1215630208_thumb.jpg

The lining up of the holes to attach the hemis was extremely awkward, but with the aid of my wife's eye, I'm quite happy.

I've more or less settled on Ford Olympic Blue for the hemis, hopefully I can prime some of them this week (The weather must improve, surely) and then try the colour

Many thanks

KB

Hi Chris thats looking just great, I bet you are glad that you have finished filling those hemis, thats one job I don't intend to repeat in a hurry :lol:

My fingers are crossed for a change in the weather as well.

Andy

Thanks Andy

You're right about those hemis, goes on forever. A bit of sun today, just what the D.......r ordered. You'll need it at Detling, Good luck with Dennis and the two week Tardis

KB

Hi All

made headway into the appendages today, plucked up the nerve to cut holes in the gun boxes and the 4" newel balls, and a little test spray of the hems

post-4312-1215714606_thumb.jpgpost-4312-1215714618_thumb.jpg

post-4312-1215714592_thumb.jpg

I don't know, but I think she's starting to take shape

Thanks

KB

thats looking great, love the multi coloured balls..! It took me ages to get the courage to cut the holes in my shoulders, feels good though and the appendages make the dalek look like a Dalek... :)

Hi All

thanks for the kind remarks, I actually feel like I'm making headway

Quick update;

post-4312-1215811169_thumb.jpg post-4312-1215811184_thumb.jpg

All hems white primer and spent 4 hours supergluing washers to the in and outside of the skirt, hems are never ending

many thanks

KB