Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

www501stlegioncouk

Luke's New Series Davros

104 posts in this topic

Well I was looking at my Davros a few days ago and started to write down ideas for upgrading him. So i made some new blocks and found some bits lying about, and started on him.

Here is the upgrades so far:

post-4802-1198946286_thumb.jpg post-4802-1198946367_thumb.jpgpost-4802-1198947413_thumb.jpg

I had problems with my Davros Headgear, the mask was starting to dry out from being in sunlight, and my cardbord storage box had broken. So i looked around, and found this tool box in BnQ (for only £8). My Headgear fits perfectly into it, without a squeeze. What a bit of luck. :)

post-4802-1198948931_thumb.jpgpost-4802-1198948893_thumb.jpg

I like the look of your forum icon - can you post a full size version

also it's the perfect costume for making rant video on youtube!

You can find more images of Luke's Davros HERE in his Hello and Welcome thread

Finished updating my Davros chair now B) .

Here it is:

post-49-1205091161_thumb.jpg

wow that is awesome, you add a fan under, If you sit outside comic stores a lot then i think that would be needed :P

I think i need a air con put in as well. its way too hot to stand for too long.

Ever since I saw the leaked images I have started to work on my new series Davros. I managed to make measurements out of already known measurements and picture scaling. I will upload pictures and steps through my work (as well as continue my Dalek). I hope this project goes well over the next few months. I will update soon.

Luke :D

I will attempt that with enthusiasm. I could simply mould a latex body to a t-shirt then were it underneath the jacket.

p.s if anyone has anymore pictures of him (side shots) it would be greatly appreciated if you post them here.

Luke :)

p.s if anyone has anymore pictures of him (side shots) it would be greatly appreciated if you post them here.

Luke,

I pulled a few shots from the latest Confidential, hope they're useful!

(Interesting note - I see that the pairs of double vertical slats and horizontal block at Davros' shoulder level have been removed in one of the on-set shots, but seem to be present in the other. I'd have to go back and watch the episode again to be sure which version made it to the final cut.)

post-917-1214775559_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775592_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775618_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775645_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775668_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775695_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775739_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775768_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775803_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775849_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775894_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775941_thumb.jpg

post-917-1214775972_thumb.jpg

Thats a good point. it looks like it could have been added for comfort of the actor, when it was not vissible to the camera.

or maybe, the workshop photo's show the prop almost complete but not quite, with just the shoulder epaulettes (shoulder covers) not yet in place.

If you look at the shots in studio, the vertical bars area lot shorter and the the shoulder covers are in place.

As for the horizontal blocks... they look like either plastaxote or expanded polyfoam blocks. Purpose... one might surmise that without the shoulder covers in place the actor won't know how far forward or back he'll be in the charriot when the shoulder covers are in place. These would give him an idea of his seated position.

I wouldnt take too much stock in the confidential footage. The chair was probably being tested out after a makeup test and more than likely underwent revison prior to filming, probably due to the fitting of the actor in place. It would explain why various pieces are missing from the chair.

After all you arent building a Davros Confidential chair, so I'd just try and use the episode for your design and the confidential footage for basic reference.