Welcome to Project Dalek

You need to be a member in order to access our content.

Click Here To Join!

For instant access to the plans and all Forum features, choose Active Membership.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kjasi

Kjasi's Daleks

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

So, I followed Mick's Virtual Dalek tutorial, but in Lightwave 3D, and this was what I ended up with! I'm rather proud of this, since I even managed to make some changes that made it look more like a real prop, instead of a CG model. I'm looking into doing a similar project with the first Daleks, once I finish the texturing for this guy.

The one on the right is a low-quality one, while the one on the left is a high-quality one. Still tweaking colors and surfaces. Anyone know good RGB values for the Bronze and Gold colors of the NSD? I feel I got close, but I could be closer, at least with the gold color.

post-957-0-55662900-1350628337_thumb.jpg

Thoughts, opinions, ideas?

-Kjasi

Edited by audrey2
Resizing photo

Hi Kjasi,

I just resized and reuploaded your photo, if you could try to keep your photos a reasonable size, and under 200kb. People tend to also like photos that they can see the entirety of on one screen. ;)

The render is really very lovely, I tend to find that the NSDs look more accurate with a bit of weathering, much like the original props, and that the added stains tend to ass some nice contrast that highlights certain sections of such well made models (such as the shoulder sections).

But that's purely my opinion.

I can't wait to see what further work you produce!

Looks great!

I found - in Poser, at least - a large specular value and low saturation work best for the metallic look of the NSDs. There are no "official" colour values for 'em, though; the real life ones have known and tested paint types but for CGI, it's trial, error and guesswork.

Looks fairly good to me.

But I would add weathering and stains if I where you.

Without them an NSD looks to innocent.