My Imperial Dalek

Imperial

So the Imperial from entry #1 in 2006 is a different Imperial than the one in entry #12 from 2015?

I would love a long entry (or entries) with lots of build pictures and the story of how this beastie came to be! Could you retro-actively start a build diary? Your first picture from post 14 answers a question about the shape of the struts that we puzzled over for ages! I want to know MORE!!!

Thank you!

Dalek 1 and 12 are totaly different daleks

Dalek 1 was a TPE

Dalek 12 was built many years ago by someone in the business so don't have build pictures sadly.

Very nice! :)

Sounds like you're the go-to-guy regarding the various plans queries that have eluded us for so long!

What questions are left unanswered John ?

This topic contains the bulk of discussions about what may or may not be correct, in the plans. If there's anything in there that you can help to verify, then by all means add a reply. :)

Trying to get the correct angle this was shot at is a night mare, so i've concentrated on the hex shape in the middle, and the two slats above this to show the size and spacing is correct, this will help prove anyone with dought that this isn't from original moulds.

Proof1.jpgProof2.jpgProof3.jpgProof4.jpgProof5.jpg

• 3 months later...

Things to bear in mind.. the TPE mould/ Nigel Parkes mould Matt's casts are derived from are actually one and the same! Mr Parkes used to make the TPE imperials. There are some tells on Matt's shoulders that clearly prove they are the same shoulders TPE use. Over the years the moulds have suffered shrinkage and as such all sport a particular "tell" that gives away their origin. For what it;s worth the sharpest cast I have seen so far from these moulds is based in Honiton,Devon- there is obviously something in the South West that attracts these builds!

• 4 weeks later...

Just an updated picture of the Dalek so far, have gone down the route of making accurate measurements for the dome/stalk control and also its pivot piece for the neck into the dome..

post-234-0-44043400-1448893477_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...